Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I hope you will be inspired to create!
This post satisfies the “paper bag” prompt for two different groups: Journal with Us (using Elizabeth Craft Designs Art Journal Specials) and Art-Play-Fun (a My Heart’s Fancy’s Facebook group) .
I challenged myself to use the paper bag as much as possible and limit the number of other products. The hand torn flowers, bottle, and embossed background are all from the same paper bag. While it’s not too complicated, I’m happy with the outcome.
- Stamp the Love Makes A House Home bottle in VersaFine black ink and heat emboss with black embossing powder. Use turquoise watercolor to color “water” in the bottle.
- Cut leaves/vines with Elizabeth Craft Designs Summer Journal Specials die
- Stamp the cork stopper with black Archival ink onto cork and fussy cut
- Emboss the paper bag background with Tim Holtz 3-D Foliage embossing folder. I did not spritz the paper with water before embossing, but I would recommend it.
- Cut a 1&1/2 inch strip of paper bag approximately 12″ long and tear to make flowers (instructions below). Use a blending brush to lightly add white ink to the the large flower and vines. Use a different brush to add Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide lightly over the top of the smaller shaped flowers.
- Attach the elements then add white splatters mainly over the flowers.
- Attach to a white A2 card base.
Creating the Flowers
To make the smaller flowers, cut a 1&1/2″ strip of paper bag and tear down the middle, going side to side, to make hills and valleys. Tear the valleys deeper than this picture shows to create the flower petals. The flower is very hard to shape if the petal tears aren’t deep enough. Starting at one end, wrap the paper around a skinny chopstick or pencil flaring the petals out as you work. When you’re happy with the shape, go back and add dots of glue as you wrap or put glue dots on the bottom to hold the shape.
- Paper bag
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Art Journal Love Makes A House Home stamp set
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Art Journal set Summer Journal Special
- Tim Holtz Foliage 3-D embossing folder
- VersaFine Onyx Black inkpad
- White inkpad
- Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide
- White acrylic paint
- Glue dots, tape, glue
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you’ll come again soon.